Sussex Chef are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Chef to join our team.
We cater for a vast range of events from small, intimate dining experiences, to lavish corporate events and beautiful rustic outdoor weddings. Our Chef’s need to be confident, but also discrete when necessary and be comfortable in a customer facing role. Be a part of a small growing business where the passion for fine food and local produce is at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for someone with a desire and passion to cook with fresh quality ingredients sources from local producers with great organisational and management skills.
Our ideal candidate will be / have:
• Reliable and punctual
• Over 25 (for insurance purposes)
• Full driving licence
• Happy to load and drive a high roofed long wheel base van to various locations as instructed. (Experience of driving larger vehicles is desired but not a necessity as training will be given)
• Experienced in event catering.
• A flexible approach to working hours and tasks
• Exceptional time management skills.
• Friendly and customer facing.
Your day-to-day duties may include:
• Leading the kitchen team in the Head Chef’s absence.
• Preparing food in advance and cooking on site at various venues, some with minimum facilities.
• Managing on-location temporary kitchens from afternoon tea, barbecues, weddings and fine dining
• Overseeing cleaning schedules and be responsible and diligent.
• Providing guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
• Overseeing and organising kitchen stock and ingredients.
• To ensure that all dishes are presented to the highest standard in terms of colour, content, balance, freshness and flavour
• To ensure that all purchases are for fresh ingredients (where possible) and are from nominated suppliers
• Ensuring a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organised for quality assurance.
• Working with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns.
• Supervising all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and standards.
• Working with the Head Chef to maintain kitchen organisation, staff abilities and training opportunities.
• Verifying that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed.
Know some one that is up to the job? Let them know!